Change of settings after PC crash

M64117

I wonder if the PC crash is of relevance although I closed uTorrent a few minutes earlier.

On restarting uTorrent insisted on reinstalling itself. The upload speed is varying between 50 and 80 kb / sec; previously it was 120-130. Many torrents are in "queued seed" status almost an hour after starting the program; previously this would clear after a couple of minutes. If another torrent is started gots into seeding status but the queued ones stay queued. Every few minutes the sort order changes so that finished torrents are at the top of the list, though I change it so that seeding torrents come first.

Clearly some settings have reset themselves, and I have changed a few on the options screen, but I am not sure what could cause so much strange behaviour.

I don't think any of those could be a factor.

If peers are having uploading problems I don't see how that could find its way through to my client. Some may, but this seems to affect the program as a whole. None of the private tracker sites I use have closed.

The issue of the sort order changing has gone. That seems to have been a one off and lasted only a couple of days. Also the upload speed has recovered. That may have been an issue with my service provider; speed has dropped before, but never for so long. But the question of the queued torrents remains. When the program is started after a reboot it will take up to two hours before all the torrents are seeding.

Rosy torrent world? I didn't say that.

I don't think any of those could be a factor.

If peers are having uploading problems I don't see how that could find its way through to my client. Some may, but this seems to affect the program as a whole. None of the private tracker sites I use have closed.

The issue of the sort order changing has gone. That seems to have been a one off and lasted only a couple of days. Also the upload speed has recovered. That may have been an issue with my service provider; speed has dropped before, but never for so long. But the question of the queued torrents remains. When the program is started after a reboot it will take up to two hours before all the torrents are seeding.

Rosy torrent world? I didn't say that.

Then your ISP is the problem they detected torrent traffic and then throttle your internet usage.

But then I wonder why the upload and download speeds stay the same, and why the queued torrents start. They do start, even if I have to wait longer than before. If the ISP were to blame would they not do something more, such as kicking me out altogether or sending me a warning letter?

Archived