uTorrent not responding (3.4.6 build 42178)

Evolution79

When I open utorrent, I am greeted by a pop-up stating "WebHelper has stopped working" and this will constantly pop up until I close utorrent which is also not responding and takes about 3-5 minutes to open. I am unable to download, change settings or do anything or utorrent will freeze and ill get the pop-ups again

I am using windows 10 and I've heard that there is problems on windows 10 but I cant find any fixes for this one.

My utorrent started crashing yesterday.  I uninstalled it, ran a virus scan using Norton, ran Norton Power Eraser and reinstalled.  It opened up okay this morning, but when I just turned my laptop back on, I was greeted with the "Problem with utorrent, Windows is searching for fix".

I obviously don't know for sure, but I doubt that for those who are having problems, their ISP and/or security software just happened to change when utorrent rolled out an update. 

Any suggestions on what we can do besides switch to another client?  I love utorrent, but if I can't get it to run, I can't use it.

It's weird because when I used to use utorrent, it was fine. I downloaded a game and was able to play it but the next day when I open utorrent, it glitch and won't open. Restored my computer twice for other purposes and now when I try to install it again it's just wacked out. I gets on my nerves as I really liked utorrent :(

FWIW, I installed utorrent on my desktop, Win 7+ Norton 360, and it is working fine.  However, on my Win7 + Norton 360 laptop, it keeps crashing.  Thus, leads me to believe that for some people on some systems, there is a "conflict" somewhere.  Finding conflicts is never fun...oh well....

Archived