BitDefender 9 and uTorrent issues/clash?

rtistik

Hi all,

I have an issue with bitdefender when the firewall is enabled. When firewall is enabled utorrent doesnt reach good speeds and when i test a port it says its not open, where as a fact i have deffinately opened it on my router..

However when i disable the firewall on bitdefender, utorrent works wonders, reaches good speeds and when i test the port it works fine..

Keep in mind i have allowed uTorrent to be added to the firewall rule. ie. i give it full access incoming/outgoing.. any direction, any protocol, any ip, any port etc.

still im getting the problem..

i really like bitdefender so i dont not want to take advantage of its firewall cuz it works find apart from that..

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

smart people these days do not use ANY aditional softwarefirewall beside the build in in XP on the same machine that they want to be "protected"!

Why, you ask?

Because running an aditional Softwarefirewall on the machine that should be Protected is technical bullshit. It makes your PC not saver than disabling unwanted services!

http://copton.net/Personal_Firewalls/ccc-vortrag-en.html

smart people these days do not use ANY aditional softwarefirewall beside the build in in XP on the same machine that they want to be "protected"!

Why, you ask?

Because running an aditional Softwarefirewall on the machine that should be Protected is technical bullshit. It makes your PC not saver than disabling unwanted services!

http://copton.net/Personal_Firewalls/ccc-vortrag-en.html

Some "findings" that were presented nearly 2 years ago.

the problem has not changed in this 2 years and are still valid and totally true!

only the POS programmers have changed their detection rules that the discribed way of using the run command will be by some also reported.

The CCC-Hackers have proven since that lecture more than once that the problem is still present and that softwarefirewalls are still BS like this "Unischranke"

http://copton.net/Personal_Firewalls/unischranke.jpg

the problem has not changed in this 2 years and are still valid and totally true!

only the POS programmers have changed their detection rules that the discribed way of using the run command will be by some also reported.

The CCC-Hackers have proven since that lecture more than once that the problem is still present and that softwarefirewalls are still BS like this "Unischranke"

http://copton.net/Personal_Firewalls/unischranke.jpg

Yeah, so basically, I'd have to download and install a malicious application in order for these exploits to work?

Maybe the common idiot user downloads and runs everything they find. Smart users aren't prone to something like this.

Really the only kind of firewall that a smart user would need is an inbound one.

same problem for me, if the bitdefender firewall is enabled i can't connect to almost any trackers. no dice if you re-add it to the exception liste or re-install the program. however since im behind a router i disabled the firewall option in the menu and am still secure with the antivirus.

er i am currently using bitdefender. but there seems to be no firewall....is the firewall the virus shield? shud i deactivate it? my speeds are from 0.0 kB/s to 5.0kB/s....which is really low. i read on the forum that diabling upnp and DHT will work but all it did was gimme the green light but the speed reamined the same.....i am a little amatuer on all this tech stuff(as u can see) so i really hope u guys can help me out...thx! any help will be much appreciated. =)

i am using bitdefender, AVG free edition and Counterspy....however none of them seem to block the connection(there is no message) and i am getting the green light(usually) but my speed is terrible!!!(above)....i added utorrent to my list of exceptions in the windows firewall and i usually get the green light but why is the speed so slow? pls help this noob out =(

ya i used it.....but the port could not be forwarded....i tried almost everyting written in the foum.....disabling microsoft firewall, going to portforward.com,(there is no mentionof the modem i am using, D-link dcm-202), and all but nothing seems to work....pls help.

• 3 years later...

Archived