Freezing uTorrent

Sairus

Hi

i bought a new laptop and i downloaded uTorrent however when i started downloading things from the torrent it begins to freeze and not responding everytime even when i turn off the firewall it doesn't effect at all i tried many ways but nothing chang

this freeze is really driving me crazy i have to wait like 10 minute until the freeze is gone and it backs after 1 or 2 minute 

and btw i use windows 10 

Thank You

• 1 month later...

I have encountered what seems to be the same problem in the same timeframe as OP. I am copying my post from another thread under the "Troubleshooting"-section.

"I have had the same problem as OP since mid may. At the time I updated my Nvidia Drivers and thought that was the problem but after reverting and making a clean install of Nvidia drivers the problem persisted. I am on Windows 10 (regular updates) and as far as I know there must have been a Windows Update somewhere at the same time (around may 22th) that screwed up uTorrent.  I have looked and tried a different possible solutions but nothing have worked thus far. I havent changed or installed anything else during the timeframe so a Windows Update is the only possible culprit.

Now, I can get uTorrent to start it just takes a really long time. If I start it and let it be the window will pop-up after a few minutes. However, the GUI in uTorrent experiences the same problem. If I try to go in to a menu or the like I again have to wait for a few minutes. So I can technically use uTorrent but its so slow to respond that it gets annoying. Especially if you want to try out several different torrents in order to find more seeds or what what have you it can get really annoying.

I should add that this problem manifested itself on uTorrent 3.4.3 and updating to newest version didnt help. Havent tried the Beta-version yet. Windows compability mode doesnt remedy the problem either.

Edit: The last torrent that I downloaded without problem with uTorrent was at May 8th 2016. I first noticed the problem at around May 22th. So the problem is probably a Windows Update released within that timeframe."

Looking in the Windows Update history on my machine there was an update installed on May 11th which is called "KB3156421". That might be the problem.

Archived