Torrents - red, green and red again

Hello all, I have about 12 torrents in my seed list that are torrents I created. They are scans of old books, these are not popular torrents by any stretch of the imagination. They are all several years old.

When I start Utorrent they are all green, but over a period of about 5 minutes most of them turn red.

When I right click and update the tracker they turn green for about 30 seconds then turn red.

When I restart utorrent they turn green again, before turning red again.

Now what I really want to know is if someone out there in internet land wanted to torrent one of these red torrents, can they do so? Or does the fact that its red mean they can't download?

Using utorrent 3.4.7

Thanks, Matt

I am seeing the same thing upon occasion, using Mac version 1.8.7 (41986) and having just checked for an update (none). But not all turn red, only 1-4 maybe of 10-15 open.

Torrent was working fine, then goes red. I stop then restart, goes green then back to red. Remove and re-set up, verifies original was down OK. Is green then goes to red.

Tracker column status shows 'seeding'. Seeds 0(129) and Peers 0(9). All the others are running OK right now.

Sometimes quitting the program and restarting works, sometimes it does not.

I am also not sure how to check tracker status, as I mentioned I have right clicked update tracker on all of them recently. So all I can say regarding tracker status is that its updated, I can't update again because when I try to the update tracker button is grey and can't be clicked on, which I assume means its as updated as it can be.. I have to confess to having a poor understanding of how torrents actually work.

16 hours ago, rickp said:

OK, then I guess I misunderstand what you mean about the Tracker Status. If it is not the Status column, then where should I look to find what you want?

Hmmm, maybe the Tracker tab...?

As it's so, so difficult to find, this should help locate it:

2016.05.25_10h27m17s_001_zpsup58xw4b.jpg

Hee-hee.

Anyway, seeding (under Status) should be blue if trackers are working. Seeding will be red if they aren't.

I just delete the trackers that ain't working and seeding goes back to blue. You can manually delete bad ones under the Tracker tab (just right-click on the offending tracker>Remove Tracker).

Archived