more seeds

Anoid

I see comments galore over speed problems, ISP throttling and worse. I distribute computer chess files with torrents and the more users and seed boxes the better. Hit and run types are not doing torrents any favors.

If you leave your downloads queued up, then the next dude can get it on it faster etc.

This is how torrents and sharing are supposed to work.

23 hours ago, Anoid said:

I see comments galore over speed problems, ISP throttling and worse. I distribute computer chess files with torrents and the more users and seed boxes the better. Hit and run types are not doing torrents any favors.

If you leave your downloads queued up, then the next dude can get it on it faster etc.

This is how torrents and sharing are supposed to work.

Ok and? Most users already know this already. But remember they get only as fast as the seeder bandwidth allows so that doesn't make it faster it's the more seeder/seeds are available the quicker the downloads/uploads are.

unfortunately there are so many hit and run types

maybe this is driven by the fact that utorrent by default does not encrypt by default which makes it trivial for ISP and the NSA to watch.

i recommend using forced encryption so that nobody can mess with torrents easily

Archived