ISP Throttling Recourse?

sean372

17 hours ago, sean372 said:

Is there any recourse if my ISP (TWC) is throttling my BitTorrent download speeds?

Stop downloading tracked movies or software then. Also that is beyond the scope of utorrent help. Last recourse talk to you ISP that is between you and them not utorrent to help.

• 1 month later...

Well this is the only thing i know about throttling.  ISP probably has a bandwidth manager (or access to a device that supports bandwidth management) oppose this user base. The ISP then a rule that throttles smaller after a certain threshold is reached numbers applies.

Check your connection conditions and is likely to see a "limitation of fair use," which says that obtained after reaching the value of the accelerator. I see general limits are 1-10GB of the billing cycle (usually one month).

If you want to bypass isp throttling then it is better to use vpn

12 hours ago, jameshouston135 said:

Well this is the only thing i know about throttling.  ISP probably has a bandwidth manager (or access to a device that supports bandwidth management) oppose this user base. The ISP then a rule that throttles smaller after a certain threshold is reached numbers applies.

Check your connection conditions and is likely to see a "limitation of fair use," which says that obtained after reaching the value of the accelerator. I see general limits are 1-10GB of the billing cycle (usually one month).

If you want to reduce the throttling then it is better to use vpn

Regardless what the ISP does it has nothing to do or is it for discussion on utorrent. VPN is no gurantee they control what you can and can't do with VPN.

Archived