Tracker returning 0 seeds when accessed from home ISP. Works fine with other ISP's.

ankgt

I have a funny problem which has started recently. When I am downloading torrents using my home ISP, the most common trackers (eg. rarbg, trackerfix, etc) returns 0 seeds and 0 peers (note the tracker is NOT block. It connects but does not return any seeds/peers). This is for popular torrents which the websites show thousands of seeds for. If I connect using any other ISP (from my office or using my mobile tethering), the tracker returns the corrent number of seeds and peers.

What I am wondering if this is my ISP's doing (to discourage torrents)? Is it even possible for them to do that? I have tried using different torrent clients but all with same results. Or have the trackers singled me out for some reason (i have a static ip)

Been going crazy trying to figure this one out. Any ideas on why this might be happening are much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

The slackware torrent seems to be working fine. The tracker returns 71 seeds and 4 peers. The speed is also fine. 

Just to clarify. My problem is not with the speed. The problem is that most trackers (such as rarbg, coppersurfer, zer0day, etc) are all returning 0 seeds and 0 peers when accessed from my home ISP. If I temporarily connect my PC to my mobile router, it gets the list of seeds from the tracker, and then I can continue to download the torrent even if I turn off my mobile router and switch back to my ISP.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, ankgt said:

Thanks for the reply.

The slackware torrent seems to be working fine. The tracker returns 71 seeds and 4 peers. The speed is also fine. 

Just to clarify. My problem is not with the speed. The problem is that most trackers (such as rarbg, coppersurfer, zer0day, etc) are all returning 0 seeds and 0 peers when accessed from my home ISP. If I temporarily connect my PC to my mobile router, it gets the list of seeds from the tracker, and then I can continue to download the torrent even if I turn off my mobile router and switch back to my ISP.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks!

utorrent can't do anything about tracker problem for that you need to contact the site you got your torrent file from.

17 hours ago, PiusX said:

utorrent can't do anything about tracker problem for that you need to contact the site you got your torrent file from.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm wondering though, for my problem can my ISP somehow "intercept" the tracker request and make it return 0 seeds, or is it just the tracker that has somehow "blacklisted" my IP and returning 0 seeds?

8 hours ago, ankgt said:

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm wondering though, for my problem can my ISP somehow "intercept" the tracker request and make it return 0 seeds, or is it just the tracker that has somehow "blacklisted" my IP and returning 0 seeds?

That would be something you must ask your ISP provider. But if the slackware works fine then I highly doubt the problem is your ISP. But since we don't know where your from or what your downloading no one can be sure. Nor do we want to know as that will be a catch22.

Archived