Memory leak on 3.5.0.43580 when seeding 302GB torrent

jackypoo

I am seeding a large torrent, some 302GB, and uTorrent slowly (over hours) grows to use all available memory, more than 5GB of my 8GB computer.  Stopping uTorrent immediately results in recovery of the RAM.  I have repeated this several times to ensure it can be reproduced.  This version is working fine on another computer with smaller torrent files.

I have attached a screen capture showing this.  RAM use is near 7.5GB, drops to less than 2GB when uTorrent is stopped,  The dip mid-picture is when I logged in, the next little dip is when I stopped BOINC, and the big cliff is when I stopped uTorrent.

This upload just failed for the third time with "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200".  The file was 111k JPEG.  Ahh, it seemed to not like a blank in the name.

Large_torrent_memory_leak.JPG

No, this is a problem in the client, fixed forever with this reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utorrent.exe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utorrent.exe\PerfOptions]
"PagePriority"=dword:00000001

P.S. I can not imagine when the developers of the client themselves will lower the priority of memory thread reading and writing data, so we'll use the crutch lowering the memory priority of the whole process.

Archived