Port forwarding, Dam routers!!!

lordzed

a while back i did alll that port fowarding junk and got it to work, then i got a router to use the net wirelessly did the port forwarding for the router and it won't work i have tried everything!! i am using a speedtouch modem and a D-lnik 524 wireless router. if i plug directly into the modem it works but not with the wireless router. i have unistalled or turned off all my firewalls. Why won't it work?

How did you set up your DNS servers with the static ip address to maintain internet connectivity?

That's a tricky thing to do if you're using a static ip...unless you know what your ISP uses for DNS servers.

You can either manually enter them in on Windows, you'd get them from your router's status page, or you can put in your router's IP address (which is less of a hassle) and it will still work just fine.

It looks like your ADSL Modem also has a firewall. Log into your modem's internal configuration page and disable it. It should be under tools. It looks a little bit complicated, however, so if you are not successful, let me know and I can assist you with a remote assisstance session if you'd like.

i tried the firewall and stillno luck, also i can't do the remote assisstance thing because it's my dad's modem. i think the problems with the router as it works when i plug directly into it, but not when using the router

Yeah, I forgot that you said that it works when you plug directly into the modem. That rules the modem out from blocking it.

So the issue would be with the router's port forwarding. I'd say try resetting the router and see if that clears anything up.

And you wouldn't have permission to do remote assistance if needed?

still not allowed to do remote assisstance and tried reseting the router not luck. i just want to say that i posted my problem in the D-link (my routers type) forems and got one post saying have you got a firewall running then nothing, this is getting me somwhere.

The port you use isn't really "private" information that needs to be hidden. Simple reason: We don't know your internet ip...though the administrators of this website can easily find that out if they need to.

Even if we knew your ip and what port you use in µTorrent, it wouldn't really matter as µTorrent isn't remotely hackable as far as I know. (I deem that quite unlikely even.)

Your primary DNS value of 10.0.0.138 means you're getting DNS information also from inside a NATed connection. I doubt that will cause problems due to how most DSL/cable systems are set up though.

Archived