• Announcements

• Bommuraj Paramaraj

Important Security Advisory   06/07/2016

On June 6th, 2016, BitTorrent was made aware of a security issue involving the vendor which powers our forums.
      The vulnerability appears to have been through one of the vendor’s other clients, however it allowed attackers to access some information on other accounts. As a result, attackers were able to download a list of our forum users. We are investigating further to learn if any other information was accessed.Our vendor has made backend changes so that the hashes in the file do not appear to be a usable attack vector. As a precaution, we are advising our users to change their passwords. While the passwords may not be used as a vector on the forums, those hashed passwords should be considered compromised. Anyone using the same password for forums as well as other places is strongly advised to update their passwords and/or practice good personal security practices.
gtjj

utorrent rechecks pending download files after restart

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Whenever i restart my pc while utorrent is on, or even pressing "exit" on utorrent icon in tray menu, even thought i do not download anything but seeding the file instead it starts to recheck "enabled" torrents every god damn time!

Now you would say, -There is no such bug, just turn on the bt.graceful_shutdown option. I checked twice to confirm you that the option is set to True and utorrent still does it!

How can i prevent this? i have 40gb+ files enabled for seeding and they are being rechecked on every start, thus slowing down my pc

Whatever you have going on, you have something preventing uTorrent from properly writing its resume file.

What antivirus and firewall?

7 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

Whatever you have going on, you have something preventing uTorrent from properly writing its resume file.

What antivirus and firewall?

Hi, im using ESET internet security which has built-in firewall protection. Currently im using Windows 10 but the same bug was happening even on my previous windows 7 ( still using the same antivirus software )

eset does not give any issue notification on utorrent.

Edited by gtjj

This is the worst support forum i have ever seen!

I'd like to add that UTORRENT has the same behavior even on already finished downloads, on those which are left on seeding!