Got a new Asus RT-AC88U,wifi router DL speeds much slower now

swanlee

So I switched from an Archer 9 to an Asus RT-AC88U, my DL speeds on the Archer would range from 1.5mb DL's to 4mb DL's in a typical well seeded torrent. Now with the Asus I'm lucky to hit 200kbps in a well seeded torrent. Everything else is much faster on the Asus with the exception of torrents. To compound the issue I use BTguard. Quite often my upload speeds are several times faster than my DL speeds

With the Archer I did not have to do anything for it to DL well with Utorrent, I never had to do any port forwarding or anything like that.

Anyone have experience with the Asus, Utorrent and using a proxy? I did turn off the proxy and it did not seem to help the speeds.

How would I go about getting this fixed when using a proxy? I've looked through the help notes here and can't really find anything that meets my exact situation. Do I need to port forward for the utorrent port AND the port I use for the proxy?

Using utorrent 3.5 (latest) on Windows

This tells us nothing much to know what is going on. How about using the links to download slackware on my signature and then post a screen shot of the download activity and that will at least tell where if the problem lies at. Otherwise changing Router doesn't slow down your speeds more has to do with your ISP now sees torrent activity and throttle your internet is what is going on.

Archived