attempts to load torrents from browser fail with 3.5.0 build 44090

icebox

Using 3.5.0 build 44090 stable on fully patched win 7, also running 2.2.1 simultaneously.  Utorrent set as default program for torrent files in Firefox.  After upgrading to this version, every attempt to load a torrent from Firefox fails with a "Utorrent is busy or not responding" message.  The program is neither.  after the message, I can go to the file menu, open the torrent file and the program loads it normally from there.  This did not happen with previous stable builds.  Is this happening to any one else? Any idea why this is going on?

Edit: Also tested this out with Chrome, latest version, same issue.  And trying to load a torrent directly from windows explorer fails same way as well. 

I was having this same problem.  My uTorrent is set to update automatically, and I got exactly as you described when it did so.  I tried reinstalling using the download from main page of uTorrent website, and it did not help.  However, I also tried running the 3.5.0_44090.exe from the AppData/Roaming/uTorrent/Updates folder, and it fixed browser issue.  I think the installer from main page is not installing the main program's exe correctly in AppData/Roaming/uTorrent, so when you attempt to load torrent from Firefox, it can't find the program.  I am no software expert, but mine works now like normal.

Archived