half open connection 50?

0123456789r

erm i just started using utorrent a week ago and at first the speed was 4 kB/s but after disabling DHT and upnp its now 30-60...however i was wondering whether i could increase my download speed from usually 30-40 kBps. is there any way like increasing the half open connections to 50 or smth? also my network indicator keeps turning from yellow to green....there is nno definite no frequency to it....sometimes it may be yellow all the time and sometimes green.....does any1 why? and there is also something weird....um when i see the yellow triangle, my dwnload speed is usually around 50 or 60..but when its green it goes lower to about 30 to 50....why is this so? my upload speed(wats upload for annyway? ) is also usually zero. these may seem like nooby questions, (heck! they are! ) but plz help. any help is really appreciated. =)

-thx

erm but i already tried tat...is there anything else i can do? i went to the faq and tried most of wats written there but the max dload speed i am getting is like 50 to 60 kBps....can the problem be wif the seeds? i tried downloading high seed torrents but there was onli a slight improvement..any help plz?

srry. =(

my upload speed is xx/256kBps

and my internet connection download speed is 4mBps but for torrent the max i reached is 80kBps.

i tried most of the tips written and discussed in forum. before i went to the forum, my download speed was 5.0 max but now it is around 30-60 kBps. how can i make it faster? ( other than upgrading my internet connection of course lol ).

p.s: my download speed is faster when the yellow triangle for network connection appears than the green light but in green light i get better upload speeds.....why?

your download rate can vary at different times of the day,

if you've set you upload rate too high then this will cause your download rate to suffer, check out the wiki's for bittorrent configuration, if you search for azuerus then should be able to find the information

ideally your upload rate should be around 80% of what it actually is, ie on a 256 upload, as with most adsl connections less than 4mb you should set it to around 17-18k above this you can start to have problems, and this is because of the overheads required for tcp/ip transfer

Archived