64bit support and maybe a paid ad free version

Hello,

first of all I would like to request a 64bit version of µTorrent since otherwise in a near future the by far best torrent client also for macOS would be gone. So please make a 64bit compatible version and if this should take a while, at least make an announcement and confirm that you will keep µTorrent for macOS alive, thanks :)

Secondly while I am posting this, I'd also would like to see a way to use µTorrent on my Mac ad free again. While also with ads right now I still like using it and see it as the best client out there, I generally prefer clean apps and don't mind paying a small fee, especially in case of apps like µTorrent I used for such a long time and would be happy to support :D

2 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

There was a 64-Bit release in the past and it was dropped as, if I remember correctly, there were no performance increases or benefits gained.

It is not that I would expect a performance increase by porting a torrent client to 64bit, however it is clear now that in the near future macOS will stop running 32bit apps. Recently macOS High Sierra stated showing a warning when opening 32bit apps saying, that in the near future this app won't work on coming macOS versions and recommend contacting the developer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

They did the same with iOS, where iOS 11 now only runs 64bit apps and you received the same kind of warning when opening 32bit apps on iOS 10.

16 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

There was a 64-Bit release in the past and it was dropped as, if I remember correctly, there were no performance increases or benefits gained.

Look Mike, why give links to Windows versions when the man explicitly tells us about MAC OS upcoming conversion to 64-bit only and MAC ad-free version? ;) As far as I know there was no any 64-bit build of uT for OS X. Even beta one.

Archived