Moving downloads to My Cloud over-loads the HDD

AndyGix

Hi there,

I am downloading my files to a laptop and then set the torrent app to move the files to a My Cloud Home device on the network. When the moving starts, the app just overloads my laptop's HDD and I can't use it to do anything else. It takes about 2 minutes to execute a simple command like a click. The My Cloud Home is pretty standard and can't format it to a different file system. Any idea on how I can solve this issue?

I want to be able to use the laptop, even if it means that the transfer to the cloud device will be a bit slower.

As a side note, I have tried to download directly to the My Cloud Home device, but each time I power up the laptop or restart the torrent, all the torrents need to be re-checked and that process takes more time than the actual download.

Chances are you're moving from the laptop to the mycloud at up to 120mbyte/sec, there's not a lot we can do to prevent that.

You should look into getting a torrent client on the mycloud device directly so that the laptop just sends the .torrent file or magnet link to it and the mycloud does all the work instead of trying to have your laptop save to the mycloud.

Archived