2 download directorys.

frapp

First off i just want to say sorry for my not 100% good english. Anyway im goin to try to explain a feature that i would like utorrent to have.

I have a 100/100 fiber line. I can download stuff and share stuff at a speed of 11.1mb/s and this is realy good. Problem is that i easely get a overloaded Harddrive. If i have 3-4 really active torrents that puch my net speed to the max i notice that my disk dosent really keep up. I did try all the disk cash settings and did try to tweek utorrent but it wont work.

The solution i prupose is to make eather the rss feed or make it a feature in the default downloaddirectory. I want utorrent to automaticly put 50% of the torrent i download in to (example disk D:\rssfeed1 and the other 50% into e:\rssfeed2 thus splitting the amount of disk strain into 2 disks.

I use rss feed for the most part so this feature would be really nice.

Hope everyone understod me.

cheers!

The RSS feeds can already specify which directory it automatically saves in. All you need to do is tell each different RSS feed to save in a different directory. Additionally, downloading at the max 100mbit speed of 12.5MB/s still isn't that much strain if nothing else is accessing that disk. Even the slowest of laptop drives should be able to achieve over 15MB/s.

as i said. its not a problem. But it becomes a problem when i have 4+ torrents downloading in high speeds.

additionally i use 1 rss feed and would like to be able to specify 2 downloaddirectorys and that it will split the files downloaded between them.

Archived