Delay Start of Torrent

VSLG

I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if we could add a torrent to Utorrent, and set a delay.

One example would be :

Start a torrent in a time.. Like say 2 hours, or 6 hours, etc.

Or even better parse the tracker status and if you get "Not Authorized (6h) - Read the Faq!" then have it auto-delay the torrent 6 hours.

VSLG

I wouldn't imagine that specific tracker response is universal? It's impossible for µTorrent to conform to the whims of every private tracker in the vast cosmos. The best would be to either setup the scheduler for your delayed torrents, or personally conform to the tracker's FAQ.

Isn't there usually a reason for private trackers to delay torrents for users... abuse?

some trackers do the delay just after signing to the site for being a "newbie"

anyway, utorrent will try to connect again after whatever time the tracker has set it to wait 'till next announce, so it will eventually connect, i dont really see the point of this

Some ISPs vastly restrict bandwidth during peak times of the day. They also have monthly bandwidth limits that are a tiny fraction of what the connection is capable of. So delaying a torrent's start till off-peak hours is a must for those tortured souls.

Which is what Scheduler is good for...it may even be able to seed finished torrents until the off-peak times when it's allowed to start more torrents.

Archived