uTorrent download skipped files

gytre

Hello,

uTorrent 3.5.5 (build 45790) [32-bit], Windows 10
uTorrent 3.5.5 Beta (build 45826) [32-bit], Windows 10
diskio.use_partfile = true
bt.prio_first_last_piece = false

1) I download some torrent partially: 5 videos out of 10: 1.avi, 3.avi, 5.avi, 7.avi, 9.avi.
2) In download folder I see 5 needed videos and ~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat - it is ok.
3) I decided to delete 3.avi, because I do not need it, but I still want to share rest.
4) I stop torrent-file, set 3.avi to skip priority (Don't Download), delete 3.avi, start torrent again, force-recheck.
5) When recheck and download completed I again see all 5 videos in the download folder, 3.avi partially downloaded, and ~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat. But I don't need this corrupted 3.avi, why it is not appended to dat-file?
*) I tried to repeat this process deleting ~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat alongside with 3.avi. Result is the same: new dat-file and new corrupted 3.avi.
*) I see this problem on different torrents from different trackers.

Example, to reproduce:
1) Small torrent from Vuze (3Mb): http://cf1.vuze.com/vhdn/channels/126/4H/4HCX/4HCXAB/Code_Breakers_book_bundle.torrent
2) Select to download all files with the exception of "Codebreakers-Alpha-graphic.jpg" - we should get 5 files.
3) After completing in download folder there is 5 files and "~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat" - OK.
4) Stop torrent-file, set "Code-Breakers-Prequel.epub" to Skip (Dont Download), delete "Code-Breakers-Prequel.epub" file [+/- "~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat"] from download folder, Start torrent, Force re-check.
5) Now again we get 5 files, including partially downloaded and non-working "Code-Breakers-Prequel.epub" and "~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat"...

• 5 weeks later...

I've checked this with latest build 45838 and it looks OK.

I think you might have have a small issue in the sequence of step 4:

4) Stop torrent-file, set "Code-Breakers-Prequel.epub" to Skip (Dont Download), delete "Code-Breakers-Prequel.epub" file [+/- "~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat"] from download folder, Start torrent, Force re-check.

Which should be:

4) Stop torrent-file, set "Code-Breakers-Prequel.epub" to Skip (Dont Download), delete "Code-Breakers-Prequel.epub" file [+/- "~uTorrentPartFile_*.dat"] from download folder,  Force re-check, Start torrent

Archived