BTT balance only goes down

eliot_cougar

I've been noticing that even without downloading anything, and only seeding, my BTT balance had never go up... Since now we have more details displayed on BitTorrent Wallet, I can see why that is...

I've been running uTorrent for a while, seeding about 40 torrents... For a while a client was paused so I could do other stuff... I had not downloaded any torrents...

The result is 265MB downloaded with a huge price of 6272 BTT/GB, and 1.59TB seeded for a price of... ummm... approximately zero??????

That looks a bit broken doesn't it?.. Again, I didn't download anything... All that outward traffic is just overhead for all the uploads...

BTT2020-12-19-003709.png

11 hours ago, PiusX said:

What version are you using? Can you tell me abbreviate BTT is?

3.5.5 build 45838

BTT is the cryptocurrency used for BitTorrent Speed... The idea is that you spend it to get some extra download speed from BTT-enabled peers, and you get it by seeding torrents to BTT-enabled peers... The problem I see here is that for some reason, when you only seeding, you still get incoming traffic, supposedly from BTT-peers, for which you pay even if they don't download from you... And if all torrents are paused, there is constantly a small incoming traffic with non-zero BTT price...

As a result, when you are seeding, or when the client is paused, BTT balance slowly goes down, because you're being charged for the overhead traffic...

A small update on the issue: I have deleted BitTorrent Speed folder and re-imported my wallet... The "Historical Stats" button is no longer greyed out, and the real-time graphs now show some activity (they were empty before)... I will monitor the situation for a couple of days, but it seems that I'm getting BTT for seeding...

Archived