odd behavior in moving finished downloads

ryoken1972

hello, im using uTorrent version 3.5.5  build 45852.

getting odd behavior as title says, i have my torrents folders laid out  nicely, 
I:\Utorrent\Downloading 
I:\Utorrent\Completed

I:\Utorrent\Torrent files\completed
I:\Utorrent\Torrent files\loaded

I:\Utorrent\Torrent files\incoming 

so when a completed file finishes  obviously moves from downloading to finished,  then  i move the finished file  to another drive where they are sorted again into folders , then path changed to where they will be permanently living.

anywhoo what its decided to do now is , now and again i get file not found on the downloading part, re hash shows no files?.  only to find its moved the entire downloading folder  to the completed folder

I:\Utorrent\Completed\Downloading

and moved everything to there.,  its like it finishes one file  thinks its the only file in the downloading folder and moves everything across and if i move them back and start them again , it just moves em back to the completed folder. 

secondly , if  i decide to move a finished folder to my storage drive.  not only will it move the files i want it will move everything in the folder with it , 

any ideas?

i know i havnt  described this brilliantly.

but this isnt just moving the single file its moving the entire folder along with everything else :)

so in the end my completed folder looks like this

I:\Utorrent\Completed\Downloading , so everything that was being downloaded will now fail as the entire downloading folder has moved .

OR, 

if i say move a completed file , from the I:\Utorrent\Completed\Downloading folder, (50 other files in same folder) to the storage folder it will move the other 50 , even if them 50 files are  completed as normal , 

hell, now even im lost :)

Is "I:" a regular local drive, or a network drive? I have tried this with a regular internal drive(s)/folders and it copies the single .torrent file and the single downloaded file. Nothing else.

It can be an issue related only to network drive type being used.. Try it on one of your regular drives.

I drive is a 12tb WD elements USB 3 external drive, 

i then move certain files to another folder on the same drive , (where they live permanently). or another 12th ext drive. 

i have noticed one thing though, i can download a magnet file , and instead of the torrent being placed into "I:\Utorrent\downloading" is places the files into the root of the downloading folder and not its own folder within the downloading folder.  . 

for EG

I:\Utorrent\downloading\A random film. and within that folder, there will be film file then txt or nfo files screens subs  ETC

it will place everything in the root of the downloading folder, I:\Utorrent\downloading. so everything goes in there. when this file finishes it  moves the file to 

I:\Utorrent\Completed\Downloading , which in turn moves everything from the original downloading folder to that.

im trying to explain it as good as i can , 

Archived