I'm unable to seed torrents that I've already downloaded

jwhatfield

I want to seed torrents that I've already seeded in the past. I was screwing with the torrents I was already seeding in uTorrent lastnight and I noticed that they were no longer Cute in OINK. I hadn't changed any settings in uTorrent, I was just adding and deleting files. So, stupid me, I deleted all of the torrents out of uTorrent, thinking I could just add them again. When I try to add them back into uTorrent it wants me to download and save all of the files I've already downloaded.

The real question is, how can I drag and drop previously created torrents into uTorrent in order to seed them. I do not want to have to download all of the files related to the torrents again.

Hope this makes sense.

I realize my post wasn't very clear. I do not want to resume downloading files. I've already downloaded all files relating to the torrent. I have since removed these torrents from uTorrent, but kept them in a folder on my pc. I want to put these torrents back into uTorrent in order to seed them like I was before. I do not want to pick up (resume) where the download left off b/c I have all of the files on my HD already.

When I drag the torrent back into uTorrent it attempts to save and download all of the files again, even though it's directed to save the new downloaded files where the exact files already exist.

You are the man! I would have never figured all of those steps out simultaneously. I'm back to where I started from though. In oink it shows that the seed isn't clever, when they were before?!? If it's not uTorrent related then thanks for your help, if it is please let me know.

Thanks again

None of them are clever. So, is the reachability issue with uTorrent or Oink? I also just downloaded another album that was clever and am seeding it, but it shows that it's not clever in oink. This would lead me to believe it's a problem in uTorrent. I've been searching the forums but I'm still having no luck.... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have not changed any port settings b/w the time that the torrents were all shown as Clever to now where they're all listed as not being clever....

one time in bandcamp ...ohhh wait...

what i do all the time is i download the file then after im done seeding i take it to another folder.... µtorrent cant find it... so i moved the file back to the folder and i re-downloaded the file ... the tracker loaded and not the file...

• 3 months later...

i had the same problem with jwhatfield and thank god for your explanations, now it is almost fixed. i add the torrent, advanced, set download location, force re-check but the percentage is not 100% even though i have downloaded the whole thing. is there anything more i can do? thanks.

Archived