pro 3.5.5 opens window repeatedly

Llewelyn

Recently updated to 3.5.5 and went Pro to get rid of the ads, mainly.  Since then, despite being set to start minimized and for close to minimize to the taskbar, the client window opens by itself several times per day.  

Currently nothing is downloading, some things are set to seed but minimal activity, from what I've seen.

Any idea why it's doing that?  Mostly, I want it to sit there minimised and only disturb me if there's something important that needs my attention.  I also don't especially want it playing things, which I guess maybe it's trying to do?

• 2 weeks later...

I went pro so as not to have ads dangit.  I did wonder if it's the "play" function that is affecting it, seems to happen sometimes when I launch VLC to play a downloaded torrent.  I can't see a setting to disable the play function though, which I would be fine with as I don't use it.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked through your guide, but nothing in there seems to be my issue. 

It's pro version so should be no ads.  But multiple times per day the uTorrent window opens without being requested.  Currently nothing is downloading, some torrents are set to seed but not much activity on those.

Mine is set to start minimised, and does so.  However multiple times per day it re-opens the main window, for no reason I can see.  Regret paying for pro now, looks like it's gonna annoy me into finding a different torrent client at this rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this has gotten too annoying and so I will be getting rid of uTorrent, there's clearly no support despite paying for ad free, shame I won't get a refund. 

uTorrent used to be good, I've used it for years, but it's lost its way with ads and stupid player window I don't want or need and seemingly can't turn off.  Pity about that but there are other torrent clients.  You can bet I won't be recommending it any more either after this experience