utorrent lost all torents after a chkdsk /f

flashfletch100

Running 3.5.5 46038 with LAA flag (Rafi's version from 2021) on Win 10 fully updated. Recently I wanted to back up all my torrents (1200+) to a portable drive but ran into errors reading some files. Along with other things (like trying again) I ran chkdsk X: /f on the drive ...  Since then utorrent doesn't find ANY torrents on the designated drive although all the data appears to be there. utorrent will still download and seed the single torrent I have tried since then, so utorrent itself seems OK.

How do I remount the MANY torrents I currently have sitting there doing nothing without handling each one individually?  If there's somewhere here that explains it (in simple words) I'm happy to try to follow it but I've tried all the search terms I can think of with the only hint being that someone had trouble after a defrag ...

Clipboarder.2023.07.10-002.jpg

Edited by flashfletch100
More system info

• 5 months later...

my torrents all missing yesterday morning and I had not been doing ANY work on it...jus gone, torrents going back 2-3 years maybe..no idea why..sucks..

still have the filed in my download folder..don't know how to remount them, for benefit of others, and some are hard to get oddball movies where I was usually only seeder..

3.6 46944

Edited by thunderStorm
additional info

Hi thunderStorm. I eventually found that all my torrents are still there in the uTorrent folder! It's just that uTorrent has lost track of where they are.

The solution, while not perfect - you can't just say reload them all, is fairly straightforward. In uTorrent go to the File menu and choose the first option - Add Torrent ... You should then be taken to the uTorrent folder (or navigate to it) and you can select one or more torrent to reload. uTorrent will try to reload the files and it LOOKS like it's going to download them but it is just checking that the file(s) you have are complete. It apparently does this by 'downloading' them again but doesn't actually download them - I assume that it's checking check digits or something. Once the 'download' is complete your torrents are back online. You can select one or more torrents to reload and I was working on 100+ at a time (nearly 1300 in my archive).

The big problem that I had/have is that there are still 46 torrents that can't be checked after 3/4 months because there are no other seeders ... :( and they are the really old ones (or the oddball ones) ...

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, same issue...file...add torrent ...it does not go to correct destination folder 'downloads' so I correct that..."downloads"...down to folder for example 'Land of Plenty"..

when I click on that...says 'no items match your search"..

??

folder DOES contain the appropriate MP4..

Sorry to hear that thunderStorm.

I must confess that I've been having so much trouble with uTorrent recently that after 10+ years, I have decided to move to qBittorrent (also my torrent source site recommended that I downgrade uTorrent to 221 due to tracker problems ...). With the right tools, it took me about ten minutes to make the move - all 1266 torrents - and it has been running perfectly for the past 6 days! Still have some 45 torrents that can't be checked due to a lack of seeders, but sometimes life sucks ...

I'm not trying to convert you, but there comes a point when it's time to part ways ... Also, it's truly FREE - NO ads!!

yeah, well even I'm pissed that suddenly, no explanation or input by me, all old torrents..or just every single thing which was there, is just removed..presumably as a result of an automatic version-upgrade..

And I would probably only have a dozen or so I'd like to reload 

but..although following that path 'File" 'add Torrent"  thing..which seemed obvious all along..it STILL won't come together..I hit a dead-end