6kbs?

ArsenalFan

When I launch the new version of uTorrent I see the new lines in the 'speed' tab which indicate the maximum up and download speeds. My green line is a 6kbs, even though I haven't set it to 6, it's unlimited.

Any ideas?

Actually pretty much all my connection settings have changed. Not so good. It seems the upload rate and download rate are connected such that you can't tune it, you can only have what is pre-set. This is OK for those with nice cable internet connections, but some countries like NZ have capped useage still!

I double posted for a good reason! I didn't know I could edit my post - go easy on the newbies!

And I don't leech, so don't accuse!

And the 1 cap was set when I used the new version! Even my language settings had changed! The 'speed' test option had ALSO reset. Obviously a badly written little application!

And if you could only read you will see my upload limit was set to zero, which is unlimited!

No I know, thanks, I have it set to 32k. In NZ here with 'Telecom NZ' the MAX upload rate you can get is 512k and I am not on that plan, my plan has a max of 128. I use RDP to my machine over the net and need 64k minimum for that, so that's how I've got it setup. And if I do that and send an email out from my machine, it is not good, infact it's snail pace!

Cable over here with Telstra has around 4MB upload, and download rates START at 4MB, going up to 10. I can't get that sort of connection as I am in a 6th floor apartment... Need to move!

If I needed more help I would be asking for it. My 1st post got me a 'snotty' response from Firon, even attacking my posting twice. Pretty harsh, to say the least. Then all I get is acusations that I am a leech. Again, not exactly a friendly forum is it! So when yet another member posts 'leech' at me, without reading what someone else has already written, I get defensive, yes!

I fixed the issue with uTorrent on my own. It is actually quite likely my girlfriend had been playing around, a few other apps have had 'hic-cups'.

I used the 2MB speed guide in the end, though I still tweak the settings afterwards.

Thanks for your concerns/assistance Switech, I appreciate it.

Archived