Tracker keeps updating

darkangel

I'm having the same problem.

When I start a torrent, the status changes to 'downloading' (or seeding, whatever the case may be) and the number of seeds/leeches comes up, but in the status window at the bottom, the tracker is constantly updating. It never finishes and the torrent never starts.

I have this same problem. I'm using utorrent 1.6(474) the latest stable release. My problem is that torrents will not update anymore. If I start a torrent it initiates the torrent but is constantly in the updating to tracker state. It never downloads or connects to anyone.

I have no idea what it is that i've done considering it was working just fine not even 24 hours ago. I am only getting traffic from a few torrents that i've had running before this problem occured and now that i look there in the update state as well so i'm not gettin credit for my upload or download for those torrents. I've restarted utorrent. I've redownloaded and installed utorrent. I've rebooted my computer. Reset all settings that I have made in utorrent (even though i havent changed anything since i first downloaded it since last format)

I'm not sure what else to do.. please help! TIA

BOERSMA

@ nefarious

Hey thanks,

windows firewall is disabled. I have a firewall but i've had my firewall on my computer as long as utorrent and its worked fine. It did work before the upgrade from v1.5 and after. I've had v1.6(474) for some time now. I actually dont have my firewall running at all most times. i can downlnoad fine with other clients like bc and azuerus. I tried this suggestion from someone trying to help

"It nothing works, write "%AppData%\uTorrent" in "run" under the startmenu. Move all the files to somewhere else, then try if works, in case utorrent messed up any kind of settings..."

I tried the appdata thing and tried a fresh torrent to download and it still stays in the update state. I

another suggestion

"If you got a 2nd pc, run a torrent in utorr on it, just to check if somehow your router is messing utorr up."

and the results are it works perfectly fine on another computer through the same router.

"Any kind of new software/hardware changes or new programs?"

no hardware changes or new programs have been installed on my system in the last few days.

Here's a pic 250m2b8.jpg

@ Ultima

Thanks.. I actually repatched my tcpip to 100 as one of my steps to try and discover what the problem is but it made no differenece...

BOERSMA

EDIT: I just retried the v1.5 and its working! but most trackers have now banned that version.. so more researching for me...

Archived