Qnap download drops

JawaRevan

I searched for "QNAP" and didn't get any forum results (which seemed odd.. but regardless..) I've recently begun having an issue and I don't know if it's with uTorrent or my NAS..

I run uTorrent on a win11 PC and have it set to download to a QNAP NAS drive. it seems fine, unless a torrent runs for too long, then it seems to forget where the files are and becomes unable to find them, i wind up having to set the download location again, then it picks back up sometimes.. sometimes it just starts over..

Is this a common issue? 

Screenshot 2024-02-06 144448.png

• 1 month later...

Sounds more like power setting sleep mode not a utorrent issue. Check your power save mode settings for computer and NAS. That status common or not is based on the torrent trackers itself and the seeders there's nothing anyone else here can do about it. You should check the torrent site your using to verify torrents are active or not.

1 hour ago, PiusX said:

Sounds more like power setting sleep mode not a utorrent issue. Check your power save mode settings for computer and NAS. That status common or not is based on the torrent trackers itself and the seeders there's nothing anyone else here can do about it. You should check the torrent site your using to verify torrents are active or not.

I disagree about the power setting.. 1) that's the first thing I disable on all my systems. my computers run 24/7 and only the monitors go to sleep. 2) if it was a power setting, why would it only randomly affect torrents that are all on the same system? It's not consistent for specific torrents or specific times. uTorrent runs on my windows PC and downloads everything to my NAS.