utorrent problem or port forwarding problem?

danno

I set up my port forwarding a couple weeks ago, went in utorrent to the speed guide and ran the check to make sure the port was forwarded correctly, got the OK. Fast forward to today and suddenly I'm getting an error instead of OK.

Now, I know the port is forwarded properly, as it worked before. And I have a static IP set up, did that a couple weeks ago...now I'm clever, or connectable according to the torrent sites I use, yet utorrent is saying my port isn't forwarded correctly.

What could have happened between now and when I had originally set it up, and everything was working fine?

Also, I am still uploading as usual, as if there wasn't a problem.

When I go to the speed guide>test if port is forwarded properly

Some torrents pop up and upload for a short time, another one I have has been uploading consistantly for a couple days now. I'm still uploading as I type this but get the error from utorrent.

Well, I was 100% sure, it worked for close to a month now....just happened to check today and it gave me the error, every other time it said OK.

I'm using an ActiontecMI424WR, the router that was installed when I got FIOS installed. And the only firewall I have is the windows, but the ports are allowed, and utorrent is allowed.

Not sure why it would work for weeks, then just stop working. I figure it may be a static IP problem, but I've triple checked everything, and walked through everyhing as I did before....I've had port forwarding problems with this router since it was installed.

Tell them that you're trying to forward a port, but it's not working. If they ask why, you can tell them BitTorrent if you want, or if you prefer not to, I guess you can tell them you want to host a quick game with your friends or something, and need to forward ports so that they can connect to you.

Danno, im experiencing the same problem with you. I also have the same router that they gave me. I just got me fios installed today and i follow the Port forwarding guide, but when i recheck to see if its connectable..it say CANNOT.

I dont know how you even got it to work the first time, i did everything the guide said and it still cant connect. heck i even tried to make a new port = no luck

Archived