General Tab - Seeds/Peers question

z9999

I'm trying to understand what information is being given.

I have one torrent running which I have been seeding continuously for a few weeks now, and it shows:

Seeds: 0 of 0 connected (1 in swarm) & Peers: 2 of 2 connected (1 in swarm)and I'm UL'g to both peers simultaneously.

Another torrent running is DL'g and shows the following information:

Seeds: 0 of 7 connected (21 in swarm) Peers: 4 of 17 connected (13 in swarm)

In each case DHT and Peer Exchange is disabled, using just the tracker.

Thanks, to anyone who can provide a clear explanation.

Seeds displays the number of seeds you are connected to. The second number is the number of known seeds in the peer cache collected from the tracker, DHT, and PEX. The number in the parentheses is the number of seeds reported by the tracker.

Peers displays the number of peers you are connected to. The second number is the number of known peers in the peer cache collected from the tracker, DHT, and PEX. The number in the parentheses is the number of peers reported by the tracker.

In either case, the number of peers reported by the tracker might be (and very often is) inaccurate.

hello newbie here

I have searched the forums & looked at the help but i am failing to understand what seeds are. I have completed a downloaded - a message came up saying downloaded completed but the status was seeding. In clear simple terms what is seeding?

• 2 months later...

I have a problem, My torrent stopped downloading a program when it had downloaded 95,5%. I have 0(0) seeds and 2(4)klients. My firewall is not the prolem because i have unchecked utorrent as an exception. I have forwarded ports to and a green light at the bottom of the page! How do i get more seeds so i could download it again?

Help me!!!

I think if you have a 0(0) that means nobody that your client sees has the finished file. When that happens to me, I usually delete the torrent and the data and start with a different torrent, if I can find one.

For example, there is an XVID AVI of a PBS documentary that got the sync borked half way through the video. It's not uncommon for people to stop seeding that torrent when they find that out and dump it, then go off in search of a different torrent. By the time I get to say half way, most everyone already ahead of me found out that it was borked and dumped it, so nobodies left seeding it.

@Halloaj: If the availability for the torrent is less than 1.0, then there's nothing you can do other than to hope that a seed connects, or maybe request for another seeder at wherever you got the torrent from. If there's anything further that you need to discuss, START YOUR OWN THREAD.

Archived