Everything was working fine until....

victoro

I'm having a very similar problem. I was downloading at great speeds, as much as 130kb/s on a 2mb connection but suddely i'm not getting fast downloads anymore and none of the files i'm trying to download have any seeds. First i thought the reason was my uploads were taking up my bandwidth, so i've limited those but that hasn't helped. I'm getting the green tick so my network connection is o.k and my tracker status is working most of the time. I downloaded 660mb of a 720mb file in one night and since then i've had nothing, so it's very frustrating. I'm getting some peers, but the only seeds i'm getting are swarms (the number in rackets), so could it just be a case of not that many people having the complete file, or is there a different problem?

i have the same issue. about 10:30 this morning evrything went to 0, however my internet connection is fine. the status in utorrent however has a small yellow triangle.

now i repeat i have being at this since 10:30 and it is not a problem with my system but rather the utorrent software. as all my settings are the same, an i would imagine that it is the same for everybody.

oh and dht is stuck at 254 wont update past that point nore will it decrease from this.

i have contacted my isp they say there is no problem. my frewall is not blocking it, and yes tried thi whle it was turned off too. the ports are forwarded. for some reason, at 10:30 english gmt utorrents abillity to download files collapsed.

oh and just to add that i download from 5 or 6 diffrent torrent sites and all report no problems as yet. just seems to be isolated to those using utorrent, as bitlord and newsleecher work fine

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/index.html

Pick a torrent from there... how does it run?

I tried that but i get the red arrow and i have no seeds or peers. I don't really understand all the technical jargon so do you think its worth uninstalling utorrent and downloading it again? It worked fine when i first downloaded it and i haven't changed anything.

Try resetting your machine. I noticed that since the last vew versions, my net connection will drop off. Sometimes both in and out and sometimes just the in. I thought at first it was the net on the motherboard and hooked it to the PCI net card and then it did it to that as well. Just disabling the net connection in the network connection window and then bringing it back up will also fix the problem but the problem will come back much sooner.

I did not notice this problem in the older version of uTorrent just the later ones, some later versions it is worse. I think it has to do with what they are doing to gain speed but havent been able to track it down that far.

I nwo have both DSL and CABLE so I use both to gain almost twice the speed. (Using route add 'destination' commands to windows. At first I thought it was my cable providers problem and it does seem they have much more off a problem with this than my DSL provider. It also occassionally crashes the providers router. In which case you will have to wait until they reboot it.

EDIT: PS I use an ATI RS480 based MSI motherboard which has major problems with everything advanced. IE it works just great if you do everything like a newbie and use it as a good screen saver but try anything else and the thing kaputs. Try running ATI clock to check the GFX chips core speeds and sometimes the machine locks up, the chip heats up rapidly and you can shi toff the machine, but it wont reboot until you shut off the power from the mains. Putting the swap file on drive D will cause problems. Later network drivers from microsoft will cause major problems, the list just goes on and on. I never had any of these problems before for the last 5 years with a very similar setup but different motherboard and Torrent client. So you can see why narrowing the problem down is not easy. I just dont want to do anything as anything I do measn no computer for a few days until I reinstall XP and fix everything.

Archived