port forewarding

torrentstart

Ok, i followed the steps and i test downloaded the slackwave10-2.torrent and i got a dl speed of 400kb/s even with the yellow triangle connection error, but after i start another torrent it goes down to less than 1kb/s. What is happening, and why do i still have the yellow triangle connection thingy?

EDIT

The yellow triangle changed to the red circle so i forwarded my port, and it changed back to the yellow triangle, i'm now trying to dl a torrent but i'm not getting any seeds (says there is 112 seeds) i'm just getting peer help and my dl speed is from 5-15kb/s

please help me! How do i make a good connection?

ok i did that but i also notice something in the explanation. the picture before step 10 winxp-tcpip.jpg

where is says the DNS servers the second last digits are different...216.104.xx.5 while for my computer, the last digits are different...206.47.244.112 and 206.47.244.59.

By the way...my connection still doesn't work.

Erm... it doesn't matter what the image shows, it's just an example image... whatever you get, you put in the TCP/IP properties dialog, simple. Are you sure you forwarded your ports correctly, and set up the static IP properly? What modem are you using? Router? Firewall?

ok, time for my info post...:

These are my connection settings:

IP Address: 192.168.0.101

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS Servers: 206.47.244.112, 206.47.244.59

WINS Server: ??(nothing there)

Router:

D-Link DI524 (i'm connected to it through a router by a cable, not wireless)

Firewall: Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

Screenshot of my settings for utorrent:kisre5.png

My Static ip setup:

tcpudpbg0.png

i think thats about it... tell me if you need more.

ok the modem is a Motorola speedstream but my dad says that the connection doesn't even go through the modem just through the DI-524 through a dsl connection..or something. BTW its suppose to be a 5mb/s connection or whatever. I also fixed my Kapersky settings.

EDIT

What do you mean allowing the tcp/udp port through Kaspersky? you mean the port i forwarded?

a ha! i got a green light!!!! but i still get bad connection speed can you help me with that?

i get a good speed with the test torrent, but not with others...

utorrentdl3.png

EDIT!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr it is yellow again, i closed utorrent again then opened it but it went back to a yelow triangle

EDIT1

ok now it turned into the red circle.......... but i'm still getting 300-400kb/s for the test torrent

Yello doesn't mean it's a problem... as long as the port is forwarded properly, it doesn't matter. If the other torrents are slow, there's nothing else we can do about it, assuming you already set everything according to the setup guide.

Edit: Red... ugh. What does the port checker in µTorrent say? What is the exact model of your modem?

port checker says port 14520 is not forwarded properly (not open) even though it is!

EDIT

is my static ip configured right? and also i think it said i had to make all my computers on the connection with the same static ip, do i? and how?

How do i know my static ip??

EDIT

my router is D-Link DI-524 Air Plus G 802.11g/2.4GHz wireless router

and i'm not sure how to check my modem, please tell me

Archived