Clicking on a torrent takes a looooooong time to start

Esstee

Well the title says it all.

I ma conducting some tests with uTorrent (which is nice btw) and I noticed that when I click on a torrent it takes on ave. 1.5 minutes for the torrent to start.

Additonally (possibly related) the uTorrent LOGGER windows says: uTorrent initializing... all the time.

Any ideas?

Okay I wasn't sure the two were related. Logging and the download initiation speed.

I activated logging though.

When I click and open a torrent link from the tracker it takes aprox. 1.5 mins for the download to begin. Is this normal? I don't personally care myself I guess I was under the impression that it should start immediately and this is why I asked.

Okay I wasn't sure the two were related. Logging and the download initiation speed.

I activated logging though.

When I click and open a torrent link from the tracker it takes aprox. 1.5 mins for the download to begin. Is this normal? I don't personally care myself I guess I was under the impression that it should start immediately and this is why I asked.

No, it always takes a bit of time for the torrent to initiate...this is normal. On some very large torrents I've personally experienced a wait of over 5 minutes, but after that initial waiting period everything should be running smoothly. :)

Archived