Restarting Torrents

klauern

I am having difficulty figuring out how to have torrents auto-resume. Often, I'll let uTorrent run all day, or I'll turn it off periodically, only to reopen the program, and not have any of the torrents I started continue where they left off, or even be in the queue.. Why is this?

I look, and find out that it renames all of my torrents with the .loaded name. Why do this if it never reloads these torrents if they were stopped before?

Same problem here. Many others have had this problem and the Admins here keep dismissing it as "user error." :rolleyes: I've tried putting my Torrent files in their own directory, and with the files themselves... nothing I've tried yet reloads torrents, it always comes up empty.

It'd be nice to have specific instructions on what settings we should apply in the program and what folders we need to create.

And another that has issues with autostarting torrents upon program start..

I have now tried many combo's.. read the forum regarding suggestions to the problem.. and yet.. Can't get it to work.. Have multiple named torrent files of the same torrent.. Its really puzzling me..

This happens becauase you have the autoload folder set to the same value as the torrent storage folder. They can't be the same.

Still no go..

I have torrent autoload as G:Torrent Downloads

and torrent storage as G:Torrent DownloadsTorrents

I've tried vise-versa and no change.

Could it be that it's searching in subdirectories? Obviously if you have it set to autoload in that instance it's still going to pick up those torrents in your storage directory. Try putting them in 2 separate folders side-by-side instead.

If this is no help at all, I apologise - this isn't a feature I use.

Hi to you all.

This is my first day using utorrent and I amexperiencing a problem tha doesn't seem to be mentionned in this forum.

When I restart utorrent, I do have the torrents ready and working, BUT they all start from scratch (0%). now, this is obviously a problem. I looked around the help, faq and the forum and didn't find a solution (yet).

Also, english is not my first language and I am not a computer wiz, so maybe the solution IS around hers, before yees butcan't nd it. If anyone can help, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

akdom

I would say that you were either previously using a client that puts an extension on the end of the file names to show incomplete files (such as BitComet's .!bc), or that you've selected the wrong folder to download the torrents into (different from where you were pointing them originally).

uTorrent isn't able to match files where the extension has been added, so you'll need to turn that option off in your original client first before transferring the torrent across. As far as the other possibility goes, make doubly sure you're downloading your files to the same place as before.

Hi and thank your for this reply.

I finally was able to complete one download.

Now, in relation to previous topics, I was downloading a movie and in the folder there was something like 20 rar files of different sizes. Some of them were complete (same size). I then unpacked one of them and the result worked. I had t delet all the other files since it took an enormous space for nothing. What would be the solution for that? Personally, I don't really mind because I have a 200gb external HD that can accept it, but I am wondering if it is not slowing down the downloading process?

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Thanks again.

Akdom

This is normal.

Your movie was packed in ALL of those rar files - when you selected the one, your computer went through each file unpacking the movie and combining it into your one final file. So, once you'd done that, you were right to delete the rar files, because you didn't need them any more.

thanks MrTuffy

Now, as you say, the movies are packed in ALL of those rar files. I thought it wouldn't be a problem with a 200GB HD, but noe my downloads stop because the HD is FULL!!!!! So I have to delete some of the rar files or everything that is already downloaded from a couple of movies to continue....

My HD is usually used at 25% the most. All the rest are torrents (rar files). I sometimes have around 30 rar files in one movie folder... This is a lot of space usage when you are downloading 4 or 5 movies...

What would be the solution to this problem (if any?).

Can we have just ONE rar file when downloading a movie? Or should we just download movies in one file only?

It would be great to have a fast reply as usual (you are very good at that and it is great).

Thanks a lot

Akdom.

Multi-volume rar files should be treated as if they were one file. It's basically taking a, say, 700MB movie, and splitting it into 15MB chunks. One file, or the file split into 30 rars won't make any size difference whatsoever. You need ALL the volumes to extract because each part contains a chunk of the file, they do not all have the same data.

Akdom...

You may not have completely understood Mr. Tufty.

After you're finished downloading a movie consisting of many .rar files, you open the first one. It opens the others in turn and combines them into one large file.

You may then delete all of the .rar files. They have served their purpose.

Apologies in advance if it is I who have misunderstood you.

Archived