Downloading but % barely changes

goodo1234

I have 5 torrents downloading, totalling around 700mb. However over the past days it have downloaded probably 1Gb and they're still not finished. This morning i did a test. I calculated based on the % done how much of each had already been downloaded. I left utorrent on for a while. I came back and more than 100mb had been downloaded since i left it. But % wise of each torrent, i calculated that I had actually downloaded 5mb! Does anyone know why this might be happening?

thanks

G

It does apply to me in that it seems the torrent is taking forever to finish, and i've got a lot of hashfails, but i don't have a dlink router nor a router with game mode. I've been using utorrent for agent and this is the first time i've noticed anything like this happen. I never knew what hash fails were. And i've never seen a torrent take this long to finish, but % are increasing, just taking along time to actually recieve good data.

These are my stats:

file 1: 109mb, actually downloaded 288mb yet only 77% completed

file 2: 394mb, actually downloaded 448mb, yet only 53.3% completed

file 3: 38.1mb, actually downloaded 95.4mb, 81.8%

file 4: 63.5mb, actually downloaded 120mb, 99%

file 5: 91.8mb, actually downloaded 146mb, 68.7%

I have downloaded 451mb worth of good stuff, yet i've really d/l almost 1.1 gig.

Then it means those torrents you're getting hashfails from are getting poisoned. There was something you do with the IP filter, but since I've never had a reason to use IP filtering, I don't know about it offhand. If you search for 'poison torrent' it should come up with a few hits.

Dedicated poisoners on BitTorrent trackers almost always fall in a tight ip range bracket.

The most common ones seem to be in 38.x.x.x and 210.x.x.x.

ipfilter.dat can block ips and ip ranges, but you have to be careful not to block too little (or you will still receive lots of hash fails) or too much (real people won't be able to connect to you).

Archived