Error Message

mrali7

Hi guys...

i am getting one strange error whenever i want to download a movie, i downloaded the torrent file and started it in utorrent i get an error saying 'Anti-Cheat=You cannot use this agent' and i get the same error even in Azureus.

Exact error is,

Tracker status : Error('Anti-Cheat=You cannot use this agent)

I will be grateful if someone resolve this problem.

Rgds

That's a tracker issue, and the tracker is being plain stupid. Unless they can substantiate their claim that µTorrent and Azureus are cheating clients, then just don't bother with that tracker. Make sure you're actually using µTorrent from utorrent.com though...

I hav consulted with ma trackers and they coud't solve it yet. And i have tried downloading the same torrent from the same site from ma friend machine its workin fine ther, i doubt its not from tracker, Maybe its ma machine prob, installation issue or something else. What this error means. I have read all errors displayed on utorrent site but could't find this one.

Tracker status : Error('Anti-Cheat=You cannot use this agent)

I think you did not read my last post bro. I said i downloaded the same torrent from same trackers from my friend machine at his place, I started it on U torrents n its working fine there. But at my place its givin error. So Tracker are same for both machines. My second question what does this error means technically.

Error('Anti-Cheat=You cannot use this agent)

And you need to reread MY post. I KNOW what you said, and that is NOT a µTorrent error message. That error message is coming DIRECTLY FROM THE TRACKER. Again, I told you that you have to work with the tracker administrators to find out why it's not working only with your comptuer (yes, I said that earlier, which only proves I knew what you said).

ok Ultima..you dont need to shout anyway..do u think i am not buging my tracker for this....I came here, to see some more pro guy on Utorrent forum who could help me out in it but since u said this is all from trackers n u cant help. I will be waiting for more opinions/reply b/w i will try fix this prob myself.

Pleas if someone can tell me what this error tachnically meant will be grateful.................(i am NOT saying its U torrent error or trackers, whatever it is)

Please Ultima if you want to reply the same thind please dont reply i understand it.

mrali

No one really knows for sure besides your tracker administrators, since it varies from tracker to tracker -- as I said, they're tracker-specific messages. Anyhow, from what I can gather, it's saying that whatever client you're using is a cheating client. But if it's not that, then the only other thing I can think of is that you were a leech, and the tracker decided to ban you. Once again, it's ambiguous, and the only people who can give you definitive answers are your tracker administrators.

The only reason I repeated myself was because you didn't understand it the first time, where I understood your post the first time. If you did understand what I meant the first time around, you wouldn't have repeated yourself in the first place. Now that you haven't, I can safely assume you do understand. Why was I shouting? I wasn't. I was emphasizing the key points since you didn't seem to understand the first time around.

Thanks you both...

You know its sometime frustrated when neither tracker helps one nor U torrent people. I will try to communicate with my tracker and if he dont solve this i will simply change my tracker. I hav't yet downloaded any thing then how could they ban me and what i leech. I understand that some thing in my pc is not compatable with trackers thats why my friend is happy with them and all fine with him unlike me. I was trying to catch this point. Anyways Thanks you guys and sorry for the botheration.

@Ultima Bro in red bold anything is mostly known as shout on forums. But i understand you dint.

@Switeck Do u think tracker admin will come in this thread on my request.

If he's open enough, he will come and explain what's going on. It's worth a try, but if not, at the very least, you need to get a clear explanation from him directly (or someone who knows very well what they're talking about at that tracker) as to what the error message really means.

You know its sometime frustrated when neither tracker helps one nor U torrent people.

It's not that we don't want to help you, it's that we can't help you due to the ambiguity of the message, and the fact that it's not coming from µTorrent.

Archived