Priority in Seed queue?

Creat

Hi,

I often download a bunch of torrents at once. They complete the download and get queued for seeding to up the ratio.

Is there a way to influence which torrent is gonna be seeded next after the next one finishes? You can't order them like torrents queued for downloading. How does µTorrent decide which one to start next?

bye

Creat

Hi,

I often download a bunch of torrents at once. They complete the download and get queued for seeding to up the ratio.

Is there a way to influence which torrent is gonna be seeded next after the next one finishes?

Do you seed only one torrent at a time?

µTorrent prefers to seed in this order:

Forced Seeds first

Prioritized Seeds second (options menu settings)

Normal Seeds third

within each group, .torrents with peers, but no seeds, will go first, as those need a seeder more than those with seeds.

Next, once those seedless .torrents are satisfied by having another seeder now available, then it goes by lowest-ratio first.

.torrents without any peers go last. After all, what's the point seeding a .torrent without any peers that need a seed?

A .torrent brought up for seeding, will seed for a period of time before another seed is brought up for work. This is to prevent the case of seeds with close ratios flipping back and forth constantly as each one's ratio leapfrogs each other.

If you want to force a seed to run, then just set it to forced seeding, and it'll run, regardless of how the seed queue is arranged.

The seed queue is just for those cases where you haven't specifically set a seed to run.

When I put this type of selection together, and send it to ludde, my aim was to prioritize keeping a .torrent well seeded first, and personal ratio second.

All too often .torrents become abandoned or broken, way too soon. This way, some 'need' is taken into account when picking a .torrent to seed, beyond just having an order to flip through.

This should also make those on private trackers happy, as they can have their seeding goal set in the Priority Seed section, and µTorrent will try and get those .torrents with the lowest share ratios taken care of first, after those who just need a seeder, any seeder, have been helped out.

With several people running µTorrent, and they have 3 or 4 common .torrent files they are seeding, and no seeders on those .torrents, this method helps distribute the seeding among those .torrents too. If µTorrent user #1, is seeding torrent#2, user#2 will notice torrent#2 is being seeded, and will pick a different .torrent to seed.

I like to think of this as friendly seeding... and I hope, it helps keep .torrents from being broken or abandoned so quickly.

-- Smoovious

Archived