Display torrent file name

carloscs

If you are referring to the .torrent file name, then I'd agree that this would be useful. I recently added some downloads, and they are all listed with 'new' as the 'Name'. I have to go into the file listing at the bottom of the window to try and tell which download it is. If the download file names were generic (video_ts.ifo, etc) then I'd have no way to tell what download it was. An additional column would be one option, if it's not needed often (as in my case), perhaps it could be added to the 'properties' page, when you right-click a 'name' in the list.

Yes, this is definitely going to be useful. There's always torrent that doesn't have a proper name and sometime don't even have name at all.

I suggest to put in general tab in 'tracker' category ,also if you can make the whole torrent path "c:foldertorrent.torrent" would be perfect. Now you can see where's your torrent store and what's torrent filename too.

I don't think we need a new column for it.

All we'd need is a toggle in the options that set which name we want displayed and used for different features.

--> Use .torrent's real name? [X]

in the options, and with it set, it would use the filename of the .torrent (without the .torrent extension) to display in the 'name' column of the queue, as well as the directory name new torrents will be saved to.

Say I have a .torrent named "File_archive_for_Smoov.torrent", and the internal name, the lazy person who put it together just used "stuff"...

With that flag set, the queue list will show the name "File_archive_for_Smoov", and if I toss that .torrent into whatever directory I use for µTorrent to auto-load from, then µTorrent would load it, and save the contents into "<base-path-in-options>File_archive_for_Smoov*.*" instead of "<base-path-in-options>stuff*.*"

(this, incidentally, would also save me the hassle of trying to rule out 119 .torrents I have loaded right now in order to figure out what .torrent this one download I have called "New Folder.rar" belongs to.)

µTorrent already knows the filename of the .torrent, it should be a simple matter of stripping off the .torrent extension and using the rest of the filename as the .torrent's 'Name'.

-- Smoovious

Reusing the column isn't such a good idea, as you can't see at the same time the name of an entry and the torrent file name.

My view on this is:

The Detailed Info->General tab should definitely have an entry for the torrent file name+path.

If the developers are thinking on adding new columns to the file list, then the torrent filename should be one of them, the same way as many of the entries on the Detailed Info tab could be useful at one time or another.

For me, adding more columns to the list while potentially useful isn't a priority.

As I see it, there would be no problem having the torrentname written above "Pieces:" on the same row as "Save As:" in the General view.

Could be good to know, if you have downloaded the same .torrentfile twice and don't know which one of them is used. (You can check the access time, but that's timeconsuming ;) )

Archived