Import from

Sure you can. Simply associate utorrent with .torrent files as prompted to when utorrent starts up. Then set utorrent to download to the same directory abc downloads to.

Next, go to C:program filesabctorrent and double click any torrent you want to restore.

utorrent will pick right back up where you left off.

• 2 weeks later...

That's because different torrent clients store their metadata in different places, so µTorrent isn't seeing any information about an incomplete download and has to make a best guess about the current status. While adding support for resuming other downloads may seem like a good idea to you, having to identify and/or search for metadata in X different places for each and every different BitTorrent client out there will take up a lot more resources than it's worth.

While it may be difficult to impliment, I believe this would be an excellent feature, and certainly one that I would use myself.

Many cite the reason for not switching torrent client as the number of seeding or leeching tasks stored in the user's current torrent application.

If these could be correctly imported into uTorrent (when asked to, not automatically) I believe take-up of uTorrent would be greater.

I did that but utorrent says have downloaded 0.0% after checking the torrent.

I was at 85€ when I switched from bitcomet to utorrent.

By default bitcomet stores incomplete files with a .bc extension. No other clients do this , so they cannot see/recognise the files, which is why it showed as 0% after checking. Disable this option in bitcomet & you can resume in any other client, it's nothing at all to do with metadata - metadata is used for FAST resuming within each client eg , restarting a transfer without having to do a full re-hash.

But how about automatically importing the list of tasks?

If I change browser, I can import my bookmarks, cookies, history and so on..

If needing to import the tasks manually, an opportunity for error creeps in when picking the correct folder to seed from (which should be the parent folder).

While I am sure more experienced users should have no problem with this, surely making the task as painless as possible is a distinct advantage?

Archived