Tweaking went wrong..

wog316

So, I had uTorrent a couple days ago and everything was working great...I was getting about 100+kbp/s & sending about 85 kbp/s (I tried using one of the speed boost posts for another program azuraus(sp?) and it ended up working) and now, I can't get anything and it isn't sending anything. I was online trying to look for the speed boost, which I had installed, and numerous articles I tried to get the port settings correct (because I think I had them wrong), but nothing worked and basically I messed it up even more. I think in the effort of trying to get it to work, I tried changing quite a few settings and I want it to work like it did. :( I'm not exactly which of all the multiple posts I was using though and could really use some help in getting any connection that I used to have (or any for that matter) back. Thanks!!

Actually, your settings may still be a mess!

OpenOffice torrents don't require you to be a good seeder or even really ABLE to seed...you can be hopelessly firewalled, have upload speed set too high or low, allow too many torrents, connections, upload slots or half-open connections at once...and OpenOffice torrents will still likely download near max speed of your connection.

To sort out your settings, you need to re-run speed tests and choose the Speed Guide (CTRL+G) settings that closest matches your UPLOAD speed max. You may also need to reset the advanced settings -- though you may want to copy down what you're using first.

Ok, I found out I have 3228kb/s down & 352kb/s up. I should change the upload speed to 80% (282kb/s). Is there a guide for what these advanced settings should be and what they mean (in a easy to understand guide like downloading for dummies)? I kinda would like to know what I'm changing before I start messing up something else. Oh, by the way, thanks for all your help!!

Archived