uTorrent 1.6 crash many times/day

tecnoadicto

Hello, I have a problem with the last version of uTorrent, I have installed it after summer, and it running without problem since one weed ago, since then, the program crash many times per day, and it create ".dmp" files in a installation directory, What would the problem that crash many times?, How can I resolve it?, ".dmp" files can be deleted or they are necessary for the correct operation of the program?. :(

Thanks you.

System specifications

---------------------

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1500+ (1.35 GHz)

RAM: 1Gb

HDD: C (free 83 Gb) and E (3 Gb)

uTorrent version: 1.6 stable

Note: The unit "E" is where I download all the torrents, and also where are the temporary files.

I have found the option to exclude from the analysis of the Internet traffic, and I have added the program to the exclusions list. I hope what it doesn't crash any more. The ".dmp" files what are created every time what the program crash, can be deleted?.

Thanks.

Yesterday, after exclude the program from analysys of NOD32, and write it here, uTorrent crash it again a few times.

It's possible that uninstaling and reinstaling the program the problem is solved?. I think also that the cause might be an excessive fragmentation of the unit where I download the torrents, is possible what that's the problem?, or also that I have many torrents downloading simultaneously and it cause a saturation of the program, is possible this too?.

Thanks you.

Mm... Can you try uninstalling NOD32 just to make sure it's not conflicting? If you're wary of your state of security while it's uninstalled, just don't visit websites you're unsure about, and the same goes for downloading files (don't download unless you can trust it for sure).

Fragmentation definitely shouldn't be a problem here, and number of torrents shouldn't be either unless you have an incompatible software installed.

I could uninstaling it, but will be for a lot of time?, because the problem is not in which as soon as beginning the program crash, usually it takes a time, it is not a fixed time either, and in addition it always does not happen, equal one has been several days perfectly working without problems. I don't know as I will Know if exist some incompatibility with NOD32.

Thanks.

Archived