Pieces repeatedly download over and over again.

mr_tinka

I'm new to uTorrent. I've downloaded a couple torrents successfully so far with this client.

I'm busy downloading several large torrents, one of the smaller ones is 1.9 gig. Yesterday I left my PC running uTorrent, when I came back this file was at 99.7% and my internet connection had cut off as it sometimes does so I shutdown my PC. Today I've resumed downloading my torrents but I'm having difficulty finishing this particular torrent. The pieces are 2.00 MB in blocks of 128. I noticed there was 9 and when they reached block 128 rather than finishing they were returning to block 0 and starting over again. Eventually some pieces disappeared from the list but I'm left with the same three pieces downloading over and over and over again. I'm on 99.9% and have been waiting hours for it to sort itself out. It's so frustrating to be 6 MB from finishing the download but never getting there despite having downloaded that 6 MB god knows how many times over the last four hours or so. There is several seeders out there in my peers list. My other downloads seam to be OK although I haven't looked too closely at their piece numbers in their lists.

Can anyone help???

[MERGE]

Just noticed the logger window says these pices have FAILED HASH CHECK.

What does this mean and what can be done about it?

[MERGE]

OK so I've searched the forums for failed hash checks cant see anything that helps me.

I'm using a SpeedTouch 330 modem and not a router ( http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330.asp )

Ultima: Stop multiposting

With availability like that, it probably just has some poisoners on there, provided you don't have something in your setup breaking the download.

On the general tab, how many hashfails do you have?

Is ther anyway of banning everyone with less than 100% just until I get a complete torrent???

Chances are the people with 100% are the ones causing the hashfails and not the ones that don't.

Hashfail bans start kicking in at 5 hashfails.

I switched my PC off and went out not long after my last post. Switched it on when I came in about half an hour ago and it has eventually finished. Hopefully only that torrent was problematic and the rest of the ones I'm downloading are OK.

Thanks for your time and help on this matter.

Archived