Disable encryption completely

blahblahblah0

From what I understand disabling encryption only disables it for connections you initiate but others can still initiate encrypted connections. I'm seeding to some peers with encryption. I don't see why this has to be forced upon us. Bram Cohen doesn't even seem to like encryption. I'd use another client but a private tracker I use limits the amount of clients you can use and the only one without encryption on their list is BitTornado but I don't like that client.

This client never was about what Bram Cohen liked or disliked. And yeah, outgoing connections are connections you initiate. Why isn't the ability to disable PE included? I don't know, but I recall a LOT of users getting confused when the betas including Protocol Encryption were first released. I'm not sure if (and I doubt that) that was the reason it was removed, though.

Unless you're firewalled, and thus getting NO incoming connections at all...encrypted or otherwise.

But then your speeds will really suffer.

Alot of people need encryption to get BitTorrent to work with any rate of speed...or even at all!

That's why disabled means only for your outgoing connections, while incoming connections can still occassionally be ecrypted.

Archived