Local upload slots settings don't override global options

FordP929

I was seeding from a server that I administer and when I tried to add more seeding slots to the torrent to give more faster. I found out that no new slots were created in peers view.

My global upload slots was set to 6 and the local slots I tried to set at 12. I also had the option set to that was supposed to "Use additional slots of upload speed is <= 90%"

I would think the intended action is that regardless of the global option, that if is specified the number in the local options it overides the global options and conforms to those criteria.

On another note:

I also noticed that in the local options there isn't a number set by default. It says 'default=0' but there isn't a zero in the the box.

torrentoptions7wj.png

Cheers :)

The way I see it, global limits are just that: global. Meaning that they're the absolute rule that must be followed. The individual options (from my understanding) is to fine-tune which torrent gets what part of that global limit. I don't know for sure though =

From looking that way things are worded inside the program, it appears that they did intend the individual torrent settings to override the "global" setting.

Also, I am curious how the "use additional upload slots" affects the individual setting? Does it change individual custom values or only affect torrents that are set to zero (or blank, which should probably be corrected to show zero by default instead).

From looking that way things are worded inside the program, it appears that they did intend the individual torrent settings to override the "global" setting.

This is the exact impression that I get becuase for the 'Seeding While' dialouge any value set in there overrides the global option. This is probably a bug challenging semantics but it should be clear so it doesn't cause confusion for general the general populace.

It doesn't seem that way to me. If you set a global upload limit, and then you set unlimited in the individual torrents (0, which it is set to by default), it still abides by the global upload limit -- which it should.

If you look at the options as they are currently labelled, under "Torrent Options"->"Number of connections", "Number of upload slots per torrent" is in no way advertised as being a global limit. The way it works now, it is simply a default value for new torrents and that is probably how it should stay.

Notice that this topic and my replies are referring to the upload slots setting only, not the bandwidth settings. The upload and download bandwidth settings should adhere to the global limits and that is exactly how they currently work.

Archived