Download times

FFishy24

If you're on dial-up, or the torrent is multi-GB in size that may not be uncommon at all.

If the torrent only has 1 very slow seed, that too can cause slowdowns that are beyond your control.

But...assuming none of that is the case...

What's the measured speed of your connection both down AND up?

What settings are you using in µTorrent, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Have you changed any advanced settings?

I have a DSL connection. Upload limit 120kb/s. The torrent size vary from 3.06bb to 13.6gb. Availability is between 3.9 and 5.9. I have 3 torrents running and seeding one. I have a ETA of 3 days to 5 weeks.

I currently have the red circle on the bottom of the screen. There is a lot of seeds and peers but I only connect to a couple. I have not done port forwarding because I don't know how and all the pc terms is making me confused. I tried a couple of the things in Ultima's post but mostly I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.

I have 3 torrents running and seeding one

For only 120kb/s upload, definitely too many of them.

I have not done port forwarding because I don't know how and all the pc terms is making me confused.

Better do it, or else... get used to such long times of download waiting.

But your real problem is your, let's say not-too-high - only 120kb/s - upload. Proper port forwarding should help, but don't expect a miracle. And in your case that would mean not faster downloading but faster leeching, so...

If you mean 120 kilobits/sec, yeah 3 active torrents at once is definitely the absolute limit.

But with 120 KILOBYTES/sec you could probably run as many as 10 torrents at once without too much difficulty.

The question is: is µTorrent actutally uploading that fast sustained?

Archived