Could someone please assist me ?

Coffee

I am trying to use UTorrent to download.

I had it connected though very slow download speeds, something has changed for the worst as it won't connect at all at the moment. The amber trianlge with the exclaimation mark in it is showning. The inter net is working as this is proof, not sure what to do. I have run spay ware checks, re-installed the latest version 1.6.1, still no luck.

I have an adsl2+ internet connection, though usually see around 800kb/s download. I am using Netgear WPNT834 & DG834.

The weird thing is it is shown a very slow transfer rate (d:20.5k u:4.7k) though I am not sure it is actually downloading, oesn't seem to be and if it is why is the amber triangle showing ?

If it is working should I be able to see total download speeds of say 400+k, because before when it was working i would be lucky to get 100k.

If anyone could assist me I would most greatful.

Stephen

Dread,

I have gone through here though not luck. The triangle has since turned into a red circle which says there is zero connection. I have checked the port forward and it claims not to be free. I have followed the steps to free the random port in both the router and modem, still no luck. Is there anyone out there with any good knowledge/ skill in these areas that would be so kind to assist ?

Regards

Stephen

Dread,

I have followed the portforward steps on both the WPNT & DG 834'S. I don't have the McAfee firewall activated nor is the windows. It says the port isn't open though can't seem to open it. Everything looks right and the option to have a random port is unchecked.

Very lost !

Regards

Stephen

1> You need to UNINSTALL firewalls like McAfee to prevent them from blocking

2> If both routers require static IP (yours do), then you need to set a static IP on both the inside router (the one closest to the computer) and on the computer itself. Routers that require static IP addresses often refuse to forward ports to computers within the range of IP addresses they assign, and for the purposes of port forwarding, the inside router IS a computer.

3> Try with the inner router not connected.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have uPnP mapping enabled? If not try enabling it. I had the same problem with the red exclamation mark and very slow speeds until I enabled this (despite all the guides telling me I'd get better speeds without it enabled). Now ok speeds and a green tick. Good luck.

Archived