Speed too slow! help!

whatsinaname

My download speed never goes above 6kB/s! I have a DLink DSL 502-T router and I checked out www.portforward.com to learn how to forward my port. I forwarded my port. I disabled my firewall. I checked every possible forum on earth to learn how I can speed up my downloads. The bar at the bottom of utorrent has a red circle which says a firewall/router is blocking your access. How do I solve this?!?!

If you ran speed guide, that should set download if it choose an upload speed less than 6 KB/sec.

If you can download from websites faster than 50 KB/sec then you probably can just leave it set to 0 (unlimited). Otherwise, set it within the limits of your connection.

You visit the website of the manufacturer of that modem and check their design features page...and maybe download the manual for that model. Use GOOGLE to find that if you don't know it.

I set my upload and download speed according to speed guide. My download speed has gone up from 6kB/s to 20kB/s. :D The speed test showed my download speed to be 190 kB/s and upload speed 80 kB/s.

I checked the manual for my router. It says "The router provides NAT protection for your office and home users from any Internet intruders and hackers, plus VPN pass-through for extra security. It also blocks and redirects certain ports to limit the services that outside users can access your network. "

Does that affect my speed in any way? Can I do something about it?

oh and I followed the steps given on portforward.com to forward my port( I have a Dlink DSL-502T modem) but when I check speed guide to see if my port has been forwarded properly, it says error,port not open. Tried it a couple of times and read portforward.com carefully but its still not working.

Archived