Edit announce-url of an existing torrent

nu1mlock

Hello!

I've been searching everywhere for a program (or easy script) that can change the announce url of an existing torrent without breaking it. I'm well aware of MakeTorrent, but since I need DHT DISABLED, it doesn't work for me.

Also, when trying, Notepad, Wordpad or Notepad++, the torrent gets corrupted, hence they're not either a solution for my problem.

So, does someone know if there is a program, or even a good solution for my problem? DHT needs to be disabled. Well, everything has to be as it's original state, but the announce url.

Thanks in advance!

nu1mlock

Thanks for your answer!

I've started looking into the btreannounce.py. Thanks!

While I do this, I still would like something else to use in the meantime. You said there was several applications that could edit the announce url without touching anything else - could you name some of them?

Thanks in advance!

nu1mlock

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, DreadWingKnight, I'd really need that utility you had. I haven't found any other way, even though me and a friend has tried a lot.

You said that there was several torrent editors out that that could change the announce url without touching anything else - which are they?

nu1mlock

Archived