Tracker offline

SymonJ

If anyone can help I would be very grateful. I am trying to dl some torrents with over 1000+ seeds but am not getting above 12kb/s. All my ports are forwarded and everything was running fine but when I look at most of the torrents it says tracker offline? Even though it is still semi-dl'ding??????

Advice anyone???

Thanks!

Your ISP may be very hostile to BitTorrent traffic, throttling or blocking most of it.

Have you run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and chosen the speed setting that closest matches your max UPLOAD bandwidth? (...which is often less than 1/10th of max download bandwidth!)

Are you actually reaching and sustaining the upload speed max you have currently set? (If not, that's an obvious sign of overloads.)

Have you changed any advanced settings in µTorrent? (Many can totally sabotage performance, while other default values NEED to be reduced for flakey computers and weak connections.)

I ran the speed guide and my max upload speed is about 1/10th, I am not getting anywhere near my max upload about 20+ kb/s short.

I didn't touch any advanced settings. It's really odd as in the seeds ()'s there is often a high number but really poor dl's often not even correcting. Maybe I need to change the port forwarding :(

My ISP is Virginmedia, I have had dl speeds on this connection of 350+ kb/s, it's all a bit confusing :(

Hi there,

I have been using Utorrent 1.6.1 since it was released and have had not problems at all, but in the last week an annoying problem has started.

When I open up Utorrent it works fine with downloads (blue arrows)and uploads (green arrows), but when the update tracker in ..... minutes runs out (approx 30-40mins), it does not update and all the arrows turn red with the message: offline(timed out). It however continues to download/upload slowly. :mad:

Trigger73

• 2 weeks later...

HI...i have the same prob what trigger has...after i installed utorrent...it worked fine with gud downloadspeeds.But,after few days,there is a bug inside.All the torrents r saying,OFFLINE<TIMEOUT> WITH RED MARK.Downloads r two slow,some torrents r not even getting connected though they have more than a 500 seeds. When i tried to add the same torrents to other torrent downloading softwares like azureus,they worked fine with gud speeds.But as i love utorrent than anything else becoz of its speed nd less memory i wud like anyone to solve this bug..plz help me as soon as possible...i feel many people r getting the same bug...i wud be very thankful if u solve this .....

Archived