Ridiculously Slow Speed!

Karnage

I am on a Windows XP2 and Ive done EVERYTHING. Ive done the speed test(my download is 4600 and my upload is about 2400) I set my upload limit to about 20. I set the download limit to 0 for unlimited. I downloaded the patch, it prompted me for a CD that I didnt have, so I clicked Cancel but it still finished. However, the speed is stilll slow, Ive been alternating between ports RELIGIOUSLY and nothing works...the max Ive seen is 13 KB/s downloading.

ANY HELP ON HOW TO GET MY SPEED TO DOWNLOAD FASTER?

How long until I see results? Im also on an ethernet connection plugged into a Data jack in my wall. Its my college connection. But I was doing fine downloading until I had to restart my computer back to its basic setting when I first got it(Recovery Partioning) and now the downloading hasnt gone past 25 Kb/s. But I can download something off the internet at like 120 kb/s

Ah, a college...

Then you need protocol encryption plus far-reduced settings.

xx/256k may be the best your upload can manage, at least on a continual basis.

(And even that probably shouldn't be run 24/7! SysAdmins tend to spot 24/7 traffic in a day to a week, if they're bothering to look.)

Even after changing to xx/256k, you probably should reduce the global+per torrent max connections to well under 100.

Archived