DHT Status Keeps resetting and another question...A Little Help?

jyhash

I recently got a router, and have been having to port forward my utorrent though it to get it to work a top speed. But my problem is that the DHT will log me in to 200 some nodes and I'll go from the Yellow caution sign to the green check mark circle, then all of a sudden at some point (I've mainly viewed it during seeding) the green circle will disappear and there will be a blank space, the DHT will still say however many nodes, but then the indicator will go to yellow caution and then back to the green Ok symbol. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it something I should be worried about? Is i this preventing me from seeding correctly?

Also, I had a hell of a time trying to get a static IP set up so I COULD port foraward uTorrent. I called up comcast in Oregon to try and see if I could get the addresses of the DNS servers, and they told me they couldn't give them to me! So I just eneded up using DNS Servers 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.3 which I believe are public servers. Is this the only way to work around my problem? or is there another tactic I should use?

Any help would be great!

Thnaks in advance,

JYH

PS: I just checked after posting this, my upload speed is crap...as in practically nonexistent, and there's 23 leechers. What is the deal?!

Ok. Good to know about the DHT thing.

But I was following the instructions for the port forwarding from portforwarding.com, and I went though the whole static IP set up page and procedure. But when i did my ipconfig /all on my computer it gave me the DNS servers, and upon putting them into the DNS server section on the tcp/ip properties section, it wouldn't connect to the internet with those entries. SO I searched on Portforward's forums and found that they had the same DNS servers listed as I did, so I was at an impasse: Comcast wouldn't tell me when I called them and My computer is telling me something that is apparently wrong.

I seem to be downloading relatively ok now, but the last thing that I want is to come home to my internet connection being defunct because I connected to the wrong DNS server.

Thanks,

JYH

I usually get good speeds, depending on torrent, i tried the test download, slackware and got speeds of 150 so i know utorrent is set up correctly,

i'm downloading a torrent of 477 seeds and 3976 peers, but only reaching dowloads of 10-30, do you know what would be causing this to download so slowly, it obviously is this torrent, but i thought with good number of peers and seeds, i should get max speeds.

Archived